|This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.|
Monday, May 1, 2017
Family quirks-Pins, quarters, and lobsters in a pool
Every family has their quirks and things that happen. We all have embarrassing stories that have turned into funny stories. My cousins, brother, and I joke that it’s amazing we grew up normal. My aunt will say we were young parents and didn’t know what they were doing. But we survived the 1970’s and 1980’s just fine and we never wanted for anything. We had clothes, food, and a roof over our heads. We went on vacations and spent a lot of time with each other. All-in-all it was a pretty good life with a lot of fun times. Not to mention we had a pool. That pool was a ton of fun all summer long.
Of course there were the times where my mom and my aunt found my cousin behind a chair choking on a quarter. Or the time my mom changed my diaper and stood me up and I screamed and cried and my mom turns to my aunt and says I don’t know what’s wrong with her. My aunt takes me and runs her hand around the inside of my diaper and found my diaper was pinned to me. Of course my mom used cloth diapers back in the early 1970's so that's why a pin was stuck to me. I was probably w wiggly baby and that would any pin to get stuck/ Well that would make anyone cry. By the time my younger cousin and brother came along they got their act partially together. This could happen to anyone in reality.
One on particular weekend trip we had gone camping with the Indian Princesses. The Indian Princesses was a father daughter program through the YMCA. We always ate pretty good on these trips. One father had a pizza oven made for cooking over the fire and we would also eat crab legs too. See we were treated great. On one particular camping trip the fathers brought lobsters. My father and uncle being the goof balls they are, threw the lobsters in the pool while us girls were swimming. Of course everybody but me got out of the pool as fast as they could. I knew the lobsters had rubber bands on their claws so I knew I wouldn’t get hurt. Needless to say they probably weren’t edible after the swim in the chlorinated water.