Friday, May 5, 2017

Slug bugs and 1980's hair

For the last 2 years of high school my best friend drove me to school.  We took the same route every day.  One would think I would know what was coming.  But no everyday day I forgot.  It kind of was like groundhog day.  Every day we would drive past one particular house and she would hit me and say slug bug.  I was always like what the fudge how do I forget that.  She was like cause your blonde.  Not only was there one Volkswagen bug but 2, 1 blue and 1 yellow.  Not to mention she picked me up at 7 am since school started at 7:20 am and I was up at 5 am getting ready for school.  Why 5 am you ask?  Because it was the late 1980’s and it was the height of big hair and a full faces of makeup.  I needed that time to get ready for school.  Of course for one semester it was only to have gym first period.  So all that work went to waste until I figured out how to do the minimum and still pass without wrecking all my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment