Thursday, April 12, 2012

My rant on bridal showers

How hard is it to plan a wedding shower? Not very. I have been a bridesmaid plenty of times in my 41 years of life. Pick a few dates and look at a few places and decide. This planning started at the beginning of March and it's April 12 and nothing has been set. All they know is they want it in August.

Not to mention if they want favors and what kind of invitations to do. Plus, should there be any type of games Oh, did I mention the bride and groom are not yet registered. The wedding is the end of October.

I am a bridesmaid in this wedding and am more then willing to help. I have planned showers before. But they are now on their own since the brides mom and maid of honor are sitting on their butts not doing anything but thinking and talking. Hate to say it but thinking and talking only get ya so far in the game of shower planning. My theory is I offered my talent of professional shower planning and if you don't take it not my problem.

I am making plans for August that I want to do. If I am out of town the day of the shower. Oops I'm sorry I didn't know what you were doing. I didn't know my life had to go on hold for this. My bad.

This whole thing has been a joke. I printed out save the dates and gave them to my friend the bride. Her fiancé proceeded to spill coffee on them after they were stuffed in the envelopes and addressed.

Yep, I can see it now. I'll be walking down the aisle in flip flops and a bathing suit. Let me tell you I do not look good in a bathing suit. Flip flops yes but a bathing suit.

Till next time don't forget to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment