Monday, January 16, 2012

Hair and makeup of the 1980s

I am not sure what I was thinking back in the 1980’s.  It may have been because I was a teenager but all the hairspray and makeup I used back then was a little crazy.  Some days I wonder if that is what makes me so loopy and want to laugh all the time.  Maybe I breathed in too much hairspray.  I suppose it’s possible.  I wonder how my parents let me out looking like a clown.  They were young once too.  I am sure the older generation was giggling at all of us like we do now at the younger kids now.  It is a lot of fun to be young. Then there was the blue mascara. If I could get away with wearing it today I would. But there would be something strange about that.   The 80’s were something else with 6 inches of makeup and hair that was so wide and high you would take off on a windy day.  Some days I swear my feet did not touch the ground on the way to the bus stop.  Plus the fact the clothes were so bright there was no way to get lost in a blizzard.  I’ll be posting pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment