Friday, August 18, 2017

Funerals are no fun until someone farts and gets the car in line

Yes, funerals are sad occasions and are not any fun.  I have been to quite a few and have had all the emotions that go with them.  I don’t ever go near the coffin.  Not because of lack of respect but I just cannot handle being that close.  Those people close to me understand that and accept it.  But it always seems like something happens that we can chuckle at.  Like at my friend’s fiance's funeral.  Her family and I were sitting together during mass and during a quiet moment of prayer someone lets out a loud fart.  Both of her parents look at her brother and I and give us the look of death.  We are like it wasn’t us.  They both start whispering yelling at us to grow up as they are trying not to chuckle.  Mind you we are about 40 at this time.  Then all of a sudden we hear someone say Junior please.  Turns out it was her fiance's nephew.  Now this wasn’t the only funny incident that happened.  I drove over to Gem’s parents’ house so we can follow each other to the funeral home and church.  So her brother Baby drives over with me and we get to the funeral home.  I roll down my window to talk to the funeral home person and he asks if we are family or friends.  I say family and Baby says friends.  I lean over and hit him.  Now mind you Baby and I have known each other since 1986.  He comes back with I’m not the fiance's family I’m his friend.  I say Gem is your family and I turn the director and say family.  The funeral person just looks at us shaking his head as we biker and laugh like we are family.  So I get the car in line with the family cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment