Monday, April 24, 2017

Thank you and video store sledding

Thank you to all those that read my silly things I write about.  I love seeing the page views go up.  I really do appreciate all the views.  So please feel free to share.  Even if you passing by just for a quick glance or to roll your eyes at my quirkiness or my misspelling of words.  If you don’t read my blog I’m ok with that.  I know that my writing isn’t for everyone.  I don’t get offended at all.  If I did I would hide in a pool of sparkles and never leave it.  But then I would get sparkles in strange places and that would drive me crazy.


Now on to our regular scheduled tour.  Back in the day of working in a video store we had our share of fun times after the store closed.  Now it never took place inside the store because we all liked our jobs.  But there were times when we went sledding at 1 am.  Yes, 1 am because the store closed at 12 midnight.  Why not it’s not like we could hit the bars since by time we got there we’d have time for 1 drink if that.  Plus, we did cart along some 19 and 20 year olds with us.  Now it wasn’t just one store that would come along since people transferred stores.  We would call one or two stores who would call another 1. There we would be in our work clothes sledding, laughing and running around like 16 year olds.  It didn’t matter if the lights were on or not at the sledding hill or if the park was closed.  We didn’t stay too long because we weren’t dressed right.

I know we weren't the only ones doing things like this.  Working weird retail hours you find ways to do things that are fun and won't get you in trouble.  Heck remember my trespassing post, that was a one of and didn't involve my retail video store peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment