Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Volunteer work starts in your own neighborhood

Yep I believe in helping those in need near my own home. I think we need to help those here first then go help others in other countries. Don't get me wrong I know people need help all over the world. But I think a lot of people are more concerned with other countries that they forget people living in their own back yard.

I have been helping the homeless on my families home church since 1997. I have seen people come and go. Some get jobs and get out of the of the program. It's nice to see those success stories. Others I am not sure what happens to them. I hope it works out for the better but I know it doesn't always work that way.

Since I have been doing this since 1997 I have done a little more to help out others in other countries. I helped pack boxes of school supplies and soaps for kids and people in other countries. But of course my first love of volunteer work will be the homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment