Monday, September 11, 2017

Vacation and a hurricane

It has been over a week since I last blogged.  It has been a crazy week.  I left last Wednesday to go to Charleston, South Carolina.  Even with the possibility of a hurricane I still went.  We did plan on going to Charleston but by Saturday they had started prep for the tropical storm force winds and storm surges that were going to happen because of hurricane Irma.  So not much was open.  On Thursday we did get some extra bottled water and topped off the gas in the car and got gas for the generator.  Of course my idea of getting ready was getting 12 Smirnoff Ice.  Hey I needed something to get me through any type of hurricane prep.  For some odd reason I listened to my mom and brought extra clothes in case I needed them if we evacuated.  With all the beach trips and pool trips I didn’t need half of what I needed for a short 5-day trip.  Oh well now I go from possible hurricane prep to back to work.  Work is much easier than watching the weather channel 24/7 watching a storm come.  Even with 2 Smirnoff Ice in my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment